- Species-specific waiting area—no dogs invading your cat’s private space!
- No more sitting on slick, cold surfaces. Your pet will have a nonslip surface to stand on such as a yoga mat or a warm, pheromone-infused towel.
- Relaxation rules. Pheromone and aromatherapy diffusers emit calming substances into the air.
- Eye contact is for you, not your pet. Fear Free certified veterinary team members will initially avoid eye contact with your pet and focus on you, to allow your pet adjustment time.
- Got treats? Bring your dog or cat in hungry because Fear Free certified veterinary team members will be handing out many small but delicious treats throughout the visit to welcome your pet, distract him from procedures and reward him for cooperation.
- Whenever possible, our Fear Free certified veterinary team members will perform exams and procedures right there in the room so your pet will be reassured by your presence, and you’ll have the assurance that he will be treated kindly and respectfully.
- A little extra help? If needed prior to your appointment, we will prescribe anti-anxiety or other calming medications or supplements to help make the car ride and the visit more enjoyable and less frightening for your pet.
- Emotional rescue. Our veterinary team members will note your pet’s emotional response to the visit and what treats and techniques worked best to reduce any fear, anxiety, and stress that may have been expressed. This will help to make future visits even better.